Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Festival Fashion

Hey guys! I am going to V festival in August with a couple of friends and my brother and sister, I am so excited! So I thought I would do a festival fashion post to give some ideas as to what I suggest people wear at festivals. I am not an expert but I went to Leeds festival last year and so I have an idea as to what to wear, and what not to wear!


A Sunny Day





Here you can find the above items: dress, cardigan, wellies and necklace.

I chose the floral dress as I thought it would look beautiful and summery for any hot days at a festival and is both stylish and functional. It is not too short so you could still jump around and dance to the music but a reasonable length to show off those pins! I chose a lightweight cardigan from H&M because it will keep those arms covered up to prevent sunburn (essential for any fair skinned ladies) and also will ensure you aren't affected by that 'evening chill' when the sun goes down and the temperature drops.

On a sunny day, you might not think you would need to wear wellies to a festival if you haven't been to one before but trust me- I wouldn't wear any other types of shoes! (That is unless you are going somewhere lovely and warm e.g. Coachella, but here in Britain you can't get away with anything else!) Whether sunny or raining, there is usually a LOT of mud at British festivals and you don't want to ruin your best shoes. I chose this beautiful necklace from Oasis as I think it would finish off the outfit perfectly and would contrast nicely with the dress.


A Rainy Day





Here you can find the above items: top,  hotpants, parkawellies and earrings.

As you might be able to tell I absolutely LOVE floral prints! I think they just highlight the season and are perfect for summer wear. The top I chose from Urban Outfitters is absolutely gorgeous, it's more like a blouse/top combined and I love the cut out shoulders. In the heat of a festival atmosphere this will be lovely and floaty but the parka I have chosen from ASOS will be brilliant if it is raining. I chose these gorgeous bargain wellies from Office for only £10!! I thought they would look great with the top and hotpants combo. 

Finally I chose these hoop earrings from Topshop as I love the simplicity of them and didn't want to overpower the outfit with anything else going on. I also decided not to add a necklace as I think the top doesn't need any extra embellishment.


I hope you enjoyed reading this post and liked the two outfits. What are your festival wardrobe staples?

Are any of you going to a festival this year? :)



Thanks for reading!





10 comments:

  1. I want that floral dress even more now! I love the Pins and Needles blouse you picked out too xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it! And yes I do love some of the stuff in Urban Outfitters, I love the cut out shoulder of the blouse too :)


      Delete
  2. Hey lovely lady, I have nominated you for a Liebster Award :)

    Its on my blog merrymusing.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :O :O you are so sweet!

      I will do a post now! :)


      Delete
  3. Such a good post, I can't choose my favourite... love the parka and the shorts (and everything else!).

    You have a great sense of style, very jealous about V fest, have an unreal time.

    Lots of love, Em x


    emtalks.co.uk
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3934124/emtalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I think my favourites are the dress, shirt and the parker.

      Thank you so much! I'm very flattered :D also thank you for following my blog! :)


      Xxx

      Delete
  4. I love these outfits! Especially the floral dress... I want that in my wardrobe now! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog the other day by the way :)
    Hope you enjoy V, I'm sad that I got my festival trip over and done with so early this year- Latitude feels like ages ago already now!
    Kaz at Sunshine Days x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're welcome, and awww Latitude did look amazing!

      xxx

      Delete
  5. Oooh I love the Office Wellies! I'm going to Leeds Fest this year and I still haven't started buying anything... oops haha

    great blog btw! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Leeds festival does look really good this year :)

      And yes the wellies are gorgeous aren't they haha! :D

      xxx

      Delete