Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Floral Nail Art Tutorial


Want to find out how to create a nail art look like the one above? Keep reading!


L-R Barry M Spring Green, Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Greenberry, Rio Nail Art Pen White, Opi Big Apple Red, Rio Nail Art Pen Dark Green, Elf Clear and Elf Flirty Fuschia
Firstly, paint the nails with the colour of your choice. I have used Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine nail paint in Greenberry and painted with two coats to ensure a no-streaky coverage.


I then used the white nail art pen to create long stripes across the nail. You could use any nail art pen or a nail art brush with any white nail polish. Using the pink nail polish, I drew little irregular circles along the outside of my nail which will form the flowers. Again, you could use any pink shade you have in your make-up kits so long as you have a darker shade to go over the top to form the 'petals'.


Using a bright candy apple red I then used my nail art dotting tool to draw little lines along the outside of the pink circles and a dot in the centre. You should see the flowers coming together now :)


You can see in the picture below my dotting tools. I purchased these from Amazon which you can find here and I find them extremely useful in all of my nail art. For under £2 you can't really complain. Using my dotting tool, I draw little triangles on the outside of the flowers using Barry M's Spring Green. This forms the leaves.


I then take my Rio nail art pen in dark green to draw a little line on the spring green leaf. This finishes off the look and gives dimension to the flowers, as you can see below.



Here is the finished look! You could apply a clear nail polish like I have done to improve longevity of the nails or a top coat if you prefer.


I hope you enjoyed this nail art tutorial! Please comment below and if you liked it, I will do more!

Thank you for reading :)




6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog (i replied back and want your opinion on a hairstyle haha!)

    I love your blog and especially this tutorial - will definitely be trying this one.

    Much love talk soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You'll have to send me a picture so I can see how they turn out :D and yeah I've replied to your comment, thank you so much for following!!


      xxx

      Delete
  2. These are so pretty, definitely going to give them a try!
    New follower here :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've followed your blog too :).

      It's amazing that you study Cognitive Neuroscience! I bet that is so interesting :)

      Hopefully doing another nail art tutorial today so I hope you will like that too :)

      xxx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous nails :) I'm definitely going to try this!
    Love your blog I'm following :)

    F xx

    http://thefrancescadiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Pop the final result picture on Twitter so I can have a look! :D

      Following yours too, you have a lovely blog :)


      xxx

      Delete