Thursday, 1 August 2013

Liebster Award!

Liebster Award

Hello Everybody! So the lovely and kind Stephanie from MerryMusing nominated for my very first blog award, the Liebster Award! For those of you who haven't heard of it before, it is a way to help spread word about new up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers via bloggers nominating other bloggers. The word Liebster is German and means kindest, sweetest, nicest which I think is very sweet!

The rules are: 
  1. You have to answer the 10 questions that your nominator gave you 
  2. You then have to nominate 10 bloggers who have under 200 followers and link them in the post 
  3. Come up with 10 new questions for the nominees to answer 
  4. Finally, inform the nominees so they can do their responses 
So the questions from the lovely Stephanie are:

1. What are your three favourite online shopping websites? 
This is tough, but if I had to narrow it down it would be ASOS, Eyes Lips Face (ELF) and Feel Unique. I so wish ASOS had an actual high street store! Maybe us BBloggers and FBloggers should campaign for them to have one? Haha!

What are your five can't live without beauty products? 
Mac's Studio Fix Fluid, Topshop Lipstick in Infrared, Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Primer Potion, Stila In The Light Eyeshadow Palette and Benefit's Erase Paste.

What's your biggest achievement? 
I think my biggest achievement has to be my 2:1 result for my first year of University. I was so proud!

What's your best beauty discovery? 
A really lovely cleansing balm by Champneys which is such a steal. For the price of £13 it is nearly as good as a high end cleansing balm such as the Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm which retails for nearly £40. You can find this super cleanser here.


What or who inspires you? 
My Mum. Don't get me wrong, I love my Dad to bits and he knows I do, however after knowing everything my mum has been through in her life and where she has got to now, it is impossible to not look up to her as an inspiration.

What is your favourite beauty brand?
This is extremely tough but taking into account price, quality and packaging, I have to say Benefit. I love the 50's glamour feel of the packaging/branding, the products themselves are amazing quality and although it is a pricier brand, I feel you are not ripped off by the price.

What made you start blogging? 
Seeing other beauty bloggers blossom into fully fledged and sought after inspirations for others like myself. I read Zoella's blog right from the start, as well as the beautiful Sprinkle of Glitter but was always too shy to start writing a blog of my own. Then at the start of this year I just thought why not? Lets go for it!

Which blogger has been your biggest influence? 
Zoella for definite :)

How often do you blog? 
As often as I can! Sometimes I do a few posts in a few days, other times I blog every other week. I am trying to regulate the posts however so I can have a new post up every couple of days to keep my readers interested.

What advice would you give to other bloggers? 
Don't expect your blog to be massive over night if that's what you want, for some people it takes years and you should take every single follower as a compliment that that person wants to read your blog. Don't blog just to get sent free PR samples as this does not happen to many people, so don't set yourself up for a disappointment. DO blog because it is what you love, and what you want to talk about.

I hope you enjoyed reading my answers and found out a little more about me!

The 10 bloggers I would like to nominate are: 

  1. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
  2. If you could only use 1 brand of beauty for the rest of your life, what would it be?
  3. Straighteners or curlers?
  4. Foundation or tinted moisturiser?
  5. Favourite high street brand?
  6. One lipstick you couldn't live without?
  7. If you had to describe yourself as an animal, what would you be?
  8. Favourite high end make-up brand and why?
  9. What is the wackiest hair colour you've ever had?
  10. What is your make-up Summer staple?


Thank you again for nominating me! To all my nominees, I hope you enjoy answering my questions and I look forwards to reading your responses!













6 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating me! :) Really enjoyed reading this post and learning more about you!
    beautysplash75.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome! Thank you :D I look forwards to reading yours too :)

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your first blog award! Wooohoo! You must be so excited! Also, I absolutely love Zoella. Her YouTube videos are the best. :D

    http://vivalafashiongirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was so chuffed! And yeah she is great :) love her hair and makeup!

      xxx

      Delete
  3. Wow, thanks so much for nominating me! I appreciate it a lot:)
    I feel the same about Benefit,their products are pricier but worth it

    www.beautychokes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope you enjoy answering my questions and I look forwards to reading your post :).

      And yeah! You can't fault their products really!

      xxx

      Delete