Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Summer Favourites!

I thought I would make a blog post about my summer favourites beauty-wise seeing as it has been such lovely weather in the UK, so here it is!



Starting off with the face, I absolutely adore Clinique's Moisture Surge Intense for a moisturiser. I have quite oily skin which when post washed becomes extremely dry in my T-zone. This is perfect as it doesn't make my skin too greasy which would make my oily skin worse and more prone to acne, instead it hydrates my skin and makes it feel lovely and soft. I would recommend this to nearly any skin type as it is VERY moisturising therefore could possibly suit dry skin too.


Foundation wise, I would use Mac's Studio Fix Fluid (also mentioned in a previous blog post here) which when blended out with a stipple brush melts into my skin easily and provides a buildable coverage that looks very natural. It also has an SPF 15 which obviously helps prevent sunburn on my face thus I don't end up with a bright red nose and forehead from sunbathing!


My new go-to blush is one by Elf in the shade 'Glow'. To say I paid £2.50 for this bad boy, I absolutely love it! You can see swatched on my finger it is a beautiful shimmery peach colour which is perfect for this season. It highlights my cheekbones and gives me a lovely glow (i.e. does what it says on the tin!). I would 100% recommend this to anybody as I think it would compliment every skin tone.


I have had this Urban Decay palette for many years now. It was actually the first eyeshadow palette I ever bought, and I still use it to this day! (Don't ask me how it has lasted so long, maybe I have just used it sparingly? Haha!) I believe it is called the Deluxe Shadow Box and originally came with a little Urban Decay Primer Potion. As you can see from the below picture 'Scratch' is my favourite shade. It is a lovely peachy-pink colour which is shimmery and blends beautifully with other shadows. I think this is the perfect shade for summer as it can be worn alone with mascara or with liquid eyeliner over the top to make the eyes 'pop', which is usually how I wear it. I would recommend it to people with green-brown-hazel eyes as I think they suit neutral colours best, however for blue-grey eyes I would recommend a more silver toned eyeshadow than gold, personally I just think this is the best combo.


I know I have mentioned Benefit's They're Real mascara in a few blog posts (here and my YouTube video here) and have previously been unsure on this, however with more and more practice I feel it is working better as I know the best way to apply it now and it actually makes my eyelashes look lovely and long. The issue still stands however in the way I do feel my eyelashes have lost condition since using this, but as I am a cheapskate and I paid ~$22 I will continue to use this until it is empty. I feel it works best when used in conjunction with an eyelash curler like the one pictured below.


 For nail paint, I would wear Essie in the shade 'Waltz' as I think white is a staple for every girl's summer make-up bag. It makes a tan stand out so much better when worn in summer and also can help fairer skinned ladies look a little more tanned too. I have also chosen Benefit's Bathina as another summer favourite because I think it is the perfect highlighter for the entire body. I usually wear this on my calves, tops of my thighs, collar bone and arms.



As you can see in this swatch the Bathina formula is very creamy and has an iridescent pearl colour which helps to reflect light in the areas you want to highlight. The creamy texture means it is extremely easy to blend into the skin and as an extra plus, smells amazing!!


 My final summer favourite is Mac's Turquatic perfume. I bought this as a last minute purchase on my holiday in New York in April. If you haven't smelled this perfume, you NEED to go out and find a sample to try! It is honestly one of my all-time favourite scents and is wearable both for a fresh day time scent and a sultry going out scent. The perfume is said to have notes of Anemone, Lotus, Orris and Corsican Blue Cedar. I don't have a clue what most of those are but it smells divine in any case!



I hope you enjoyed reading my post, what are your top summer favourites at the moment? Have any of you tried Turquatic?

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment