Tuesday, 6 August 2013

5 Minute Mani- Summer Nail Wrap Tutorial

Hello lovely people! I thought I would do a really simple nail art tutorial that doesn't require any tools or special brushes, just any three gradient colour you like! It is extremely summery and perfect for holidays or festivals.

I chose a light pastel yellow, a pretty orange and a deep red to recreate those beautiful summer sunsets on holiday :). Start off by painting your nails with the lightest colour you are using.


Paint one corner to tip of your nails in the next darkest shade you are using. They can all go the same way or you can change up the direction- entirely up to you!


Finally with the darkest shade you have chosen paint another triangle from the opposite corner to the opposite tip. This creates the 'wrap' effect. You should be able to see all three colours.

And here is the finished effect!
I hope you enjoyed this very simple nail tutorial! It is so easy to do yet looks very effective :). Don't worry if your lines aren't perfectly straight, mine never are, all you can do it try your best! They will look lovely however straight your diagonal lines are.


If anybody tries this out please show me on Twitter! My username is @emmmilythinks :) I would love to see how they turn out!


2 comments:

  1. Ah they look awesome - i'm not one to experiment with nail colours but I will definitely try - i'll let you know how I get on

    Sophie at SOPHisticatexx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you like them :) and yes that would be brilliant!

      xxx

      Delete