Sunday, 4 August 2013

Cupcake Nail Art Tutorial



Want to find out how to create a really simple nail art look like the one above? Keep reading!

Below you will find the products I am going to be using. 


L-R Artstix Duo Snow Mix, Models Own Banana Split and Blueberry Muffin, Elf Mango Madness and Flirty Fuschia
Firstly I am going to start off by painting my nails white. If you find it difficult not to get nail polish all over your fingers, don't worry about it! I am exactly the same and I just take a cotton bud dipped in nail polish remover over the areas I want to get rid of afterwards.


I then took Elf's Flirty Fuschia with my dotting tool to create a cupcake 'case' effect as you can see in the second picture.



 I then started to create the cupcake sprinkles by again using a thinner dotting tool and drawing hundreds and thousands shapes over the white (remember eating those on ice creams as a kid? Mmmm!)



Using the next pastel colour I drew more sprinkles on my nails. They can be as regular or as irregular as you like, whatever floats your boat!



 For an extra splash of colour I used the same technique to apply orange sprinkles with Elf's Mango Madness.

 And here is the finished product!

These nails are extremely easy to do and you could mix and match with any colours you like! I hope you enjoyed this mini tutorial as much as I enjoy making them :).






4 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I will need to give this a try. Where did you get your dotting tools from? :)
    bellesplash.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bought my dotting tools from Amazon. Was just having a look to send you a link then and I found this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dotting-Marbleizing-Tool-Paint-Purple/dp/B00841KJ08/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1375712519&sr=8-13&keywords=nail+art+dotting+tool

      Apparently 8p for a set of 5?! Get it now quickly haha before they run out! :)

      xxx

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! You're really good at nail art. I didn't even know elf did nail polishes

    www.KristieBlogsBeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah they do amazing nail polishes!

      Such good value for price/quality :)

      xxx

      Delete