Tuesday, 6 August 2013

In The Spotlight

Hello everyone! Today I thought I would do a post of products I have loved and think deserve a place 'In The Spotlight' for all the beauty bloggers out there who are lovely enough to read my blog :).

Firstly is Benefit's Erase Paste. I absolutely adore this product and would repurchase again and again! I have it in the second shade Medium however I have used it on many of my friends when doing makeovers with fairer skin and it is fine. I would buy the lightest shade if you are extremely fair skinned with blonde/auburn hair as I know it is difficult to get away with darker shades with those skin types.



 I actually think this is the best concealer I have ever used. I use it both under my eyes and on any blemishes/discoloured patches on my face and it conceals them perfectly. It blends into my skin so well it actually disappears! I actually only have the smaller size sample from the Confessions of a Concealaholic kit but it has lasted me about 18 months, which is crazy! Such a good purchase. It retails at £19.50 which I think for 18 months use (nearly every day) is amazing.

Here you can see the shade swatched against my skin

 The next product I want to talk about is Elf's Luscious Liquid Lipstick. I actually got this as a free product when Elf did a promotion where you spend £20 and receive a goody bag of Elf Loves products for free, which was amazing and allowed me to try lots of products I may not have bought before. Inside it was this lovely little gem. I absolutely LOVE the colour on my lips, it is such a beautiful gloss! It lasts quite a long time for the price and although you may need to reapply after 2 hours+ for £1.50 you literally cannot go wrong! I am DEFINITELY going to repurchase this and get every single colour! It is not sticky, tastes like peppermint and is a beautiful colour.


In the same Elf haul where I got the Luscious Liquid Lipstick, I also bought a blush in Twinkle Pink which many have compared to being a dupe for Nars Orgasm. It is a gorgeous pink with peach glimmering shimmer running through it and as you can see in the second image is is extremely pigmented. When worn over my Mac foundation this blush will actually last the whole day/night. I am in love with it! For £3.75 it is an absolute steal. Buy it now! :D



The next product I would like to review is sadly I think not available anymore. Hopefully Topshop will wise-up and bring it back again as a fully fledged product! It is an eye crayon in the shade Equinox and has the most beautiful gold shade with speckles of silver throughout it. It is a gorgeous colour to wear on the eyes either alone or blended with another shade to create a lovely smokey eye. I may have to start a petition to bring back this crayon as once mine runs out I will be devastated :(!

Such a beautiful colour!


One of the products I cannot stress enough how much I love is Elf's Liquid Eyeliner. I have tried many different eyeliners from pencil to gel to liquid from many different brands, both high end and drugstore, but none have compared to this. It is not as long lasting as a high end product such as Mac however when you take into consideration the price and pigmentation, you cannot compare! For £1.50  you could buy 11 of these for the same price as 1 Mac eyeliner! Crazy!


My last 'In The Spotlight' product is an old favourite, Mac's lipstick in Mac Red. I believe that for lip products, price does equate quality in terms of pigmentation, lasting power and moisturising power. This is one of my all time favourite lipsticks and has the most beautiful deep, rich red colour. I can actually put this lipstick on before a night out, come back home, go to sleep, wake up in the morning and my lips are still tinted this colour! THAT is lasting power! 


I hope you enjoyed reading this post and (excluding the Topshop eye crayon) will have been persuaded to try out some of these products!

Has anyone tried out any of these products? Have you been inspired to? :)



4 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a new concealer for ages, I know this sounds weird but it's one of those things where I can never decide which one I want haha. I have eyed up Erase Paste though so I might give it a go! That Elf blush looks gorgeous, I need it!

    Hannah x
    hannahhepton.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know exactly what you mean! You definitely should give it a go, it is amazing! :)

      And yes!! Get it :D beautiful colour and so cheap!

      xxx

      Delete
  2. I love love love erase paste! :) such a gorgeous products
    I'm actually gutted the topshop crayon is no longer available! I saw the swatch & was like omgggg I have to have that :( booo topshop! Ill definitely sign the petition ;) z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is amazing! And I know :( perhaps they will bring back more similar eye crayons though hopefully :) and yes you must hahaha! :D

      xxx

      Delete