Sunday, 6 October 2013

Benefit Review Series: Boi-ing Concealer Review and Swatches

Hello everyone! I'm sorry I have yet again not blogged for a while but I kinda hit a writing block and didn't really know what to write about, everything has been so hectic in my private life at the minute, but anyway!

I have a little series coming up called "Shopaholics Unite" where we all indulge in our naughtiness and talk about stuff I have bought which I shouldn't have done. I'm just kidding, but I am going to start some reviews of a couple of recent Benefit purchases I am splashed out on, so keep your eyes peeled for them :).

To start off with, the brilliant and fantabulous Boi-ing!
This is hands down my favourite concealer. EVER.
It is described on the Benefit website as being 'industrial strength' and it really is! It covers everything from dark under eye circles to spots and redness, so it is a good multi-purpose concealer that can hide a multitude of sins.
As you can see it has sweated a little on top but this is perfectly normal :)

It costs £17.50 per full sized pot of this stuff which I think is actually really fair priced to say it is from Benefit. I originally tried Boi-ing in the little sample size from the Confessions of a Concealerholic kit which was only a very small pan but actually lasted me a good 6 months! I can't even think how long this will last as it is very generously sized. 


I bought this in Shade 02 as I thought the lightest shade might just highlight my imperfections rather than cover them and when first swatched it does look quite orange, however when blended in it matches my skin tone perfectly as you can see below.


Benefit have got a wide range of shades in this product which is brilliant as there will definitely be a match for everyone. I literally cannot big this concealer up enough, it is just amazing! You can create a light coverage for the days you want a more natural complexion or build it up for a full coverage. The formula is waxy yet soft and feels like it melts right into your skin, but doesn't disappear! I can use this in the morning and 10 hours later it will still be there on my skin.

Overall, I give this product 5.5! It is absolutely amazing! Please please get yourself down to a benefit counter and try this stuff, you'll never go back to anything else :)


Thank you for reading!

Emily



4 comments:

  1. Boi-ing is so good! I had acne a few years back and it worked perfectly for it!

    www.chaoticmermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It really does hide anything you don't want to be visible haha :)

      Xxx

      Delete
  2. Awww I bought this not long ago and I was really unimpressed :( It doesn't cover my redness and looks really cakey on my dry skin. I'm terrible with concealer though, I've never found one I liked!

    Hannah xx
    hannahhepton.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! :( some products from benefit are hit and miss with me too, I dislike the "Theyre Real" mascara- it just doesn't work for me!
      If it goes on too cakey maybe a more liquid concealer would be better for you? I've heard brilliant things about Collection's concealer in a little tube (can't quite remember the name!)
      :)

      Xxx

      Delete