Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Benefit Review Series: High Beam Review and Swatches

Harroooo! Next up in my Benefit Review Series, the extremely popular High Beam!

I have wanted to try this little beauty for a long time, and while I had a 15% off voucher code for Benefit I thought I may as well buy it while it will be cheaper! For the full size bottle it is £19.50 which is a little pricey but affordable, and when considering the quality definitely worth it.



High Beam is a beautiful pearlescent pink highlighter which blends out to a gorgeous white/pink luminous colour. It is perfect for applying to the top of the cheekbones, the arch above your eyebrows, your brow bone, down the centre of your nose and also your cupid's bow. As you can see, the colour is still very vivid even when patted out unlike Sun Beam (another highlighter from Benefit I reviewed here) which dissipates into the skin a little. It lasts for hours on end when used with a primer and really does give a 'supermodel glow'.


I would buy this highlighter hands down every time over any other highlighter around. I have quite chubby cheeks with little natural contour and until I bought this gem, I have never actually had such a structured looking face before. Maybe you'll see me on the cover of Vogue some day. (pshh, a girl can dream...)


You can see in the picture above exactly where I used this highlighter, and it also gives the lips a beautiful contour when used as I stated earlier on the cupid's bow.

I hope you enjoyed this next little review! My last in the series will be up shortly.

Thank you so much for reading!

Emily

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, I haven't tried this one yet :)
    (add it to the never ending wish list!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, hahaha yeah my Benefit wishlist is the length of my arm :| so much stuff, so little mola!

      xxx

      Delete
  2. I have this and I love it on my pale skin. Your pictures and your little comments are ace! Followed xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! Yeah I can imagine it looks amazing on paler skin :)
      Xxx

      Delete