Monday, 6 January 2014

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014!

Now I'm not one of those people who makes New Years Resolutions every single year, as most people never actually stick to them and they just end up being pointless.

HOWEVER.

I think this year may actually be the first where I make resolutions and actually try to stick to them! 2013 was a good year for me for the majority. Even though University was getting me down a little, I got through it with my friend Emily and we had lots of laughs along the way. I also visited New York for the second time which was absolutely amazing! I went with my parents as well as my sister this time so we had lots of fun :) and did a lot of shopping as you can imagine!

We also went ice skating at the Rockerfella Centre which was amazing!
Summer soon came around which meant that I got to spend a lot of time with my boyfriend, family and friends which was such a lovely break from Uni. So lovely that I never went back, haha! I also landed myself a weekend job at a local pub where I still do the occasional shift now, I absolutely love it! My best friend Olivia also works there so you can imagine how much of a laugh we have together. I then took the leap to drop out of Uni and got a job at a jewellers which has been brilliant, but now that's finished so I need to find another job at the minute.

More highlights of this year have been:

♥ My 4 year anniversary with my boyfriend
♥ The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Sounds sad but I love it!!)
♥ V Festival!
♥ Buying my first MAC eyeshadows
♥ The new season of American Horror Story (again I know it sounds sad but it has been amazing!)

Now it's time for what I want to achieve this year..


  • Definitely drink more water. During the winter I seem to have developed extremely dry/dehydrated sin which I feel is related to the lack of water in my diet. This is one I really need to stick to!
  • Join the gym. I know this is one of those resolutions which everyone rolls their eyes at as not many people stick to it, but I genuinely want to have a health kick and visit the gym at least 3-4 times a week. I feel like I need to tone up a little after my Christmas splurge on chocolate and roast dinners :D
  • Blog more. I have been a little slack with my blog, it will soon be the 1 year anniversary of my blog and I haven't written all that many posts :(. 2014 here I come!
  • Save up for a Macbook Pro and a new camera which has the ability to record video. I have a Nikon D3000 which is amazing and was the first 'proper' camera I ever got, kindly bought for me by my Mum and Dad one Christmas, but I would like a new camera which can record video so I can concentrate on my YouTube a little more. I am also dying to get a Macbook Pro as although my current laptop has served me well for the past few years, it isn't the greatest laptop and can be really chunky and heavy to carry around.

I hope you enjoyed reading this little post, I shall continue to update you guys all year round on my progress on everything I have set myself this year :) and I hope the rest of the year is brilliant for you too!

Thank you for continuing to read my blog posts, I do appreciate everyone who does :) and hopefully you will enjoy what is yet to come, I have a lot of exciting ideas for this year :)

Speak soon my lovelies!
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment