Saturday, 18 January 2014

Little Get To Know Me Tag!

Helloooo again!

I thought as a little side order I would let you get to know me a bit better. Not that you definitely want to, but I can try, hahaha! I hope you enjoy reading this post and finding out a little bit more about the 'person behind the blog'.


1. What’s your favourite way to style your hair?
It really depends. At the minute, I have grown out my side fringe and have sort of turned it into a middle parting/John Lennon style. Before I would have said curly, but now I think it makes my head look an odd shape when I curl my hair! So at the minute, especially with it being ombre'd at the ends I would have to say poker straight. It makes the colour stand out so much better. I also like to blow dry my grown out fringe on each side so it's 'poofy', like this...
Much easier just to add a picture!
2. What’s that one movie that you could re-watch over and over again?
I have quite a lot of films I could rewatch over and over but it really depends on my mood. Usually I would say either Superbad, Pineapple Express or This Is The End. They both have my all time favourite actors in and I just love them! My humour summed up in a film (or three). But I am also a HUGE Disney fan (sorry not sorry) so I could also rewatch any of the classic Disney films!
3. Do you have any pets?? I wanna hear all about them!
You must be new here if you don't know about my pets haha, I have two beautiful doggies called Jasper and Jessie! Jasper is a Bedlington terrier who is going to be 4 in February and we got him when he was a wee puppy at 10 weeks. We actually travelled all the way to Port Talbot in Wales to get the rascal! He was such a good boy in the car on the 5 hour journey home though (which might have been helped by the stop off at a service station where he was bribed with some Burger King chips haha.. I think this might have been when he realised what a cushty life he was in for!). We got Jasper shortly after my first dog Poppy was sadly run over :(. I was absolutely devastated, we had only had her for 6 months but had already grown SO attached. Therefore when we lost her it felt like such a loss to not have a wet nose greeting us everytime we came home, or a wagging tail at the window. Getting Jasper did help me try to stay strong but it was still so, so difficult. He was like our little fluffy ray of sunshine in a dark gloomy time. 
Poppy RIP xxxx
 We then, after a couple of years of pleading, decided to take one of my Uncle's dog's puppies (Whippet/Bedlington Terrier/Labrador Cross) who was the only brindle baby out of 8! She was also a twin pup :) which I think is amazing considering the fact that animals can have twins too. That was Jessie! She is going to be 2 in September and they are the cheekiest dogs in the world! Here are a couple of then/now pictures of them too.. 
Jasper as a puppy!
Don't worry, he hasn't aged suddenly.. This is a characteristic of his breed! Now a white fluffball!
Jessie as a puppy, extremely cute! She definitely grew into those massive bat ears (and actually got a bit longer I think!)
Jessie now! She looks petrified because I was trying to take a nice picture of her and she hates my DSLR hahaha!

4. What’s on your nails right now? Nothing…what polish is due to be applied next?
At the minute I have done a tartan design using nail art pens (which you might be able to spot in my video) using OPI Big Apple Red, Rio Nail Art Pens in White and Green and a NYC Colour Nail Art Pen in black.
5. What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
I love the whole blogging community. I think it's amazing that people take the time to read other people's hard thought out blogs, just like I love to do, and we all support/help each other. I also just love getting my opinion out there. The fact that I know people read my ramblings makes me feel special! Whether it is 1 person or 10, I still appreciate each and every person who reads it.
6. Bold eyes or Bold lips?
Oooo this is difficult, but I have to say bold eyes! Just because I always think my eyes look unfinished without eyeliner on, even if it's just a little bit, so I would have to go for eyes. I do love my bold/bright lipsticks though!
7. If you could only blog about one brand’s products, which brand would it be?
Wow this is really tough! It would have to be.... Ermmm.... Oh gosh this is difficult. *deep breath* I am going to have to say Mac. I love so many other brands but Mac has to take the finish line because I drool over the lipsticks, eyeshadows and brushes. You just can't beat the high quality.
8. Your most loved/used product.
I'm going to have to say my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. I suffer from really dark undereye circles which I am extremely self concious about, and I don't think I could see my boyfriend if I couldn't conceal them! I really do look like a haggard old witch haha!
9. Would you rather have forever flawless skin and not be able to wear any other makeup or never being able to wear a base (foundation, BB cream) but being able to wear eyeshadow, mascara, blush, eyeliner, lipstick, etc?
Oh gosh this is another tough one. I'm going to have to say flawless skin! I always think people look the best when they are naturally beautiful anyway. I would definitely miss wearing the other make up but I would love to just be able to go out anywhere with the most flawless skin!
10. The one think you hate about applying makeup.
How time consuming it is. Don't get me wrong, I love love love it but it just takes up so much time! Even to do my everyday natural make up it takes me a good half hour, so to do anything spectacular it can take anything up to an hour/an hour and a half which is crazy!

Well I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post anyway, and enjoyed getting to know me more!
I feel this song is very appropriate..


You have to love a little bit of Julie Andrews! And The King and I. Such a brilliant film!

TTFN, ta ta for now!

Emily
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment