Friday, 21 February 2014

Lush Big Shampoo - Review



Hello lovelies! Today I really wanted to review a product I purchased recently from Lush that I would now consider one of my HG products (yes, that good already.) I have tried some of the solid shampoo bars from there previously and would not recommend them as I just couldn't get them to work for me.

THIS however.

Oh, you.


I can honestly say I have never used such a refreshing, revitalising and delicious-smelling product that was so good for my hair before. My hair is extremely dry through excessive use of  hair dye/bleach/heat over the years but also becomes greasy very quickly due to my oily scalp mmm delicious. 

In short, this salty scrub for your hair combats all of those things. It does feel really weird at first, rubbing what feels like gritty sand into your hair, but you get used to it and once water is added it lathers up nicely. The scent as I described before is also wonderful! I have previously used Rub Rub Rub (also by Lush) in my hair which does a similar thing to Big, except it has a bit of a toilet bleach kind of citrus smell which you may not want wafting around in your hair. Big is described as having neroli, mandarin, orange flower absolute and vanilla as the fragrance and I can tell you this stuff is ADDICTIVE. All I can explain the scent as without the fancy lingo is like a juicy orange/lime hybrid fruit (or lorange) that has been squeezed into a vat of vanilla pudding and mixed by a coconut flavour spoon. Honestly.



 So aside from describing the product, what does it actually do?
Well my friends, it transforms your once lank, greasy weave into a bouncing voluminous wig that Beyonce would be proud to wear. My hair feels so moisturised and hydrated (without being greasy) and I would recommend this to anyone who wants their hair to be thickened slightly as it is amazing for that too. I'm not sure of the science behind this stuff but for some reason my hair also finds itself being less greasy a few days after washing, meaning that I don't have to wash my hair every single day. RESULT! 

The dreaded 'before' picture..

After! Gleaming, shiny hair.



So ladies! I really hope I have inspired you to try this little miracle worker and you must let me know what you think of it yourselves! I wouldn't recommend using this every single time you wash your hair as I feel like the salt may build up after a while, so I would say to use a clarifying shampoo every 2 days just to make sure it works it's magic each and every time you wash with it.

Ta ta for now!

7 comments:

  1. Ooh this makes your hair all soft even with bleached hair? I definitely need to try this.
    Although I do have thick hair so not sure I need the extra volume, but definitely willing to having bigger hair for softer hair :D

    Will have to purchase this and see what it's like :D

    Juyey Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The ends of my hair are frazzled from bleach but this is amazing! :) And yeah, the volume is a plus though, not a super thickening shampoo just one which lifts your hair :)

      Please let me know when you've tried it, I'd love to hear what you think!

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Yep following you on GFC and via Circles :D

      xxx

      Delete
  3. I am in need of a volumizing shampoo, and I've actually considered purchasing Big before. It looks so tempting! Thanks for the review :)

    --Mari
    bluchiffon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all! You really should take the plunge and buy it, I know it's quite pricey but it is most definitely worth it :)

      xxx

      Delete
  4. I love your blog! I had this shampoo a few years ago and really liked it, so you've reminded me to pick up another next time I'm in Lush (which will hopefully be soon!)
    I'd love you to check out my blog, as I've just started out!
    - Graces Beauty Space xxx

    ReplyDelete